We currently serve 800 racially and economically diverse students in grades 6-10. While only in our fourth year, DCI has become an authorized IB MYP World School and has received a Tier 1 rating, the highest rating by our authorizer the DC Public Charter School Board.
As a new school, we expect faculty and staff to embrace the rigor and commitment necessary to build, maintain, and expand a shared culture and vision. Your educational values should include a commitment to social justice, environmental stewardship, diversity, internationalism, and interdisciplinary education as reflected in the International Baccalaureate curriculum framework.
We aim to provide our students with a world-class education that empowers them to follow their passions and change the world. DCI’s three pillars of education are:
- The International Baccalaureate curriculum framework;
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish and French; and
- A culture focused on student agency supported by 1:1 technology.
DCI is committed to the principles of servant leadership and to providing faculty and staff with the resources and training they need to provide an excellent education experience for every student and family.
- We have a benefits package that includes health and disability insurance and paid leave.
- We offer teachers daily planning time, professional development, and reasonable class sizes.
- Teachers and staff have the appropriate technology and support to do their work.
DC International School is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
Please review our current open positions linked below and submit your cover letter and resume to resume(at)dcinternationalschool.org. You will need to pass a background check. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in DC International School!
We are always looking for people to join these teams!
Support and Business Teams:
- Behavior Specialist
- Bilingual Instructional Aide
- Communications & Business Intern
- Experiential Learning Coordinator
ACE After School Program and other School Support: