RETURN TO SPORTS PROTOCOL
ALL STUDENTS MUST
- Complete the DCI Health and Safety Agreement
- Complete a COVID Screening Form prior to each in-person training session
- Check in with their coaches for their designated workout time
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before their scheduled workout time
- Please park cars with one space in between each car to allow for distancing in the DCI parking lot
- Students AND coaches/staff will be screened every time they arrive for training in order to track who and when someone is on campus
- Students and coaches/staff will use their phone to complete the DCI COVID Screening Form based on CDC guidelines, regarding symptoms, no more than one hour prior to the scheduled training session. This will also allow us to track who is here at any given time
- No one may participate until the form is completed
- Parents should also be checking with their student before bringing them to campus, in order to determine if they have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Any student who is determined to have a temperature, whether at home or at school, that is over 100.4 will be sent home. Students who have a temperature of over 100.4 SHOULD NOT attend the training session.
- If anyone answers “YES” to any of the COVID symptom questions, they will not be permitted on the DCI or DPR fields.
Students must bring:
- Personal Mask – mark mask with name/initials. Mask will be worn when traveling to and from the field and any time there is no physical activity occurring but will not be worn during the workout.
- Individual/personal towels, small AND large one – mark towels with your name
- Individual/personal water bottle, filled, with their name on the bottle.
- Pair of cleats &/or pair of running shoes
- Locker rooms and restrooms will be closed and off-limits
SOCIAL DISTANCE AND SPACING
- Only students and coaches will be allowed at any session. Parents/Guardians need to remain in their vehicles
- Students will be placed in groups of 10 or fewer
- Practice, and maintain, 6 feet of social distancing
- No-touch rule is in effect. All individuals will need to avoid physical contact with others including high fives, huddles, or other close contact occurring before, during and after workouts
- No congregating before, during or after a workout session
- Students are encouraged to avoid carpooling if possible. If students are unable to drive separately, we encourage them to carpool with individuals from the same workout pod, and we recommend the use of masks while driving together
- Hand sanitizer will be available for athletes and coaches. However, students should not rely on hand sanitizer alone; they should wash their hands as often as possible
- Staff will disinfect before, during, and after all training sessions.
POSITIVE CASES AND COACHES, STAFF, OR ATHLETES SHOWING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
What are the signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. The symptoms may range from mild to severe. Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills (100.4 or Higher)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What to do if you are sick?
- If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you are infected with the virus, STAY AT HOME. It is essential that you take steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home or community. If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
- Notify the school immediately (Athletic Director, Athletic Trainer, Coach)
- It will be determined if others who may have been exposed (students, coaches, staff) need to be notified, isolated, and /or monitored for symptoms per the Health and Safety Protocol of DCI
- If a Positive case of COVID-19 is diagnosed, contact tracing will be implemented with the assistance of local health professionals and the CDC
What to do if a student or staff become ill with COVID-19 symptoms during practice, event, or during transportation to or from an event?
- Every effort will be made to isolate the ill individual from others until the student or staff member can leave the school or event
- If student, parent/guardian will be contacted immediately, and arrangements will be made for the student to be picked up
- An ill individual will be asked to contact their physician or appropriate healthcare professional for direction
Return of student or staff to athletics following a COVID-19 diagnosis?
- Students and staff will be required to have medical clearance from their physician or appropriate healthcare professional, determined to be non-contagious, fever-free (without fever-reducing medicine), improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath), no vomiting or diarrhea.
POSITIVE TEST PROCEDURE
- Should someone test positive at any time, the following measures will be taken:
- The individual must let the staff know immediately
- The individuals in that student’s 10 person group will be expected to self-quarantine for 14 days and/or receive a negative COVID-19 test
- The facility will be shut down for no less than 24 hours to deep clean
- These rules and regulations apply to participation in any DCI athletic activity on or off campus
- All sessions are voluntary
- Anyone with an underlying condition that could cause a greater risk of COVID-19 should consult a physician prior to participating
- If a student/family does not feel comfortable participating in any activity, they should contact the coach prior to the workout
- Students must listen to the coaches and/or other athletic staff/sports medicine staff running activities
- Any student who cannot follow policies, procedures, and directions from staff will be asked to leave that day’s activity
Any Questions, Please Contact :
- Arlisa Williams, Director of Athletics – email@example.com
- Nick Clements,Athletic Trainer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are continually keeping up to date with the new information and changes that are occurring with Coronavirus. As always, our goal is to keep our community and student-athletes healthy and safe. At this time, we require a 14-day quarantine from workouts if you have traveled to areas that see an increase in cases or have played in any games or tournaments. High-Risk States.