The DCI College Counseling Office will implement a college and career readiness program that supports academic achievement, prepares scholars for post-secondary success and encourages social responsibility among all students.
Our Approach to College Planning:
The College Counseling Office provides both individual and comprehensive counseling and advising services for postsecondary planning. Students in grades 11 and 12 are matched with a staff member from the College Counseling Office to assist with the development of a postsecondary plan that helps them achieve their long-term goals. However, we recognize that college and career planning begins much earlier. In collaboration with grade-level counselors and teachers, students in grades 9 and 10 are invited to engage with programming, curriculum, college visits and test preparation activities (i.e. PSAT and SAT prep).
It is our hope that through targeted, individualized planning and a broader exposure to the world of higher education, DCI students will make the best decisions for their future with our support.
College Office Staff:
Shannon Jeffries, M.Ed.
College and Career Coordinator
Kevin Gonzalez, M.Ed.
College and Alumni Counselor
College Admissions Professionals:
Thank you for your interest in learning more about DCI! We are excited to host you. We are available for virtual visits this school year. Please schedule with us via Repvisits on Naviance, or email Shannon Jeffries to set up a visit.
For High School Students:
- NEW! Transcripts (for scholarships, summer programs and personal use) can be ordered on Parchment HERE.
- Naviance for college exploration and applications. Contact the college office if you need login assistance.
- College Handbook for all questions regarding college applications, transcripts and financial aid.
- College and Career Timeline (11/12) – Monthly guidance for the college planning and application process.
- College Office Calendar – Updated frequently. Please bookmark!