Here are our beliefs about the culture of DCI:
- We believe diversity should be acknowledged and celebrated.
- We believe in positive behavioral supports and restorative justice.
- We believe that teens want their parents to be involved! (But not where they can be seen).
- We believe in instilling a sense of responsibility for our planet and those who inhabit it.
- We believe the benefits of language learning are immense and are critical to our students’ cultural, intellectual, and economic competence.
- We believe that mastering the language of technology is another form of multilingualism.
- We believe that students should find school to be stimulating, challenging, and nurturing.
- We believe in our abilities to solve challenges and embrace opportunities.
- We believe adolescents are predisposed to be capable, engaged, caring members of society and that we should collectively approach middle school as an opportunity to set the stage for a lifetime orientation of dedication to learning and growth.