DC International School inspires inquiring, engaged, knowledgeable and caring secondary students who are multi-lingual, culturally competent, and committed to proactively creating a socially just and sustainable world.
DC International School is a Middle and High School focusing on language immersion and inquiry-based learning. DCI offers the world-renowned International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program for students in the 6th, 7th and 8th grades and is an authorized IB World School. Advanced language programs are offered for Chinese, French and Spanish.
DCI opened on September 2, 2014 serving the 6th and 7th grades. During the 2015-2016 school year, DCI offers grades 6-8. The school will grow to the 12th grade by adding a grade a year, graduating its first seniors in 2020.
DCI’s 3 pillars of learning are:
- Advanced language learning in Chinese, Spanish, and French
- IB curriculum and programs for all students
- 1:1 technology ratio
DCI is a cooperative, collaborative school founded by 5 language immersion public charter schools. These schools have amended their charters to include a secondary program for grades 6-12 at a new educational campus. The Executive Directors of these member schools serve on DCI’s Board of Trustees.
The DCI member schools are:
- DC Bilingual Public Charter School
- Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School
- Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School
- Mundo Verde Bilingual Public Charter School
- Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School
To learn more about activities and events at DCI, please view our school calendar.